Subedar Neeraj Chopra created history by winning the country’s first gold medal in the javelin throw at the Olympics
Neeraj Chopra threw the javelin 87.58m to win the gold in the men’s javelin throw Olympic final. Today so many Records Were Shattered By Subedar Neeraj Chopra.
He became the first Athlete in India to win the Gold Medal in Olympic Games.
Neeraj Chopra Became the 2nd Indian after Abhinav Bindra to win the gold medal individually in Olympic Games. Abhinav Bindra was the first Indian to win the Gold Medal in the Olympics individually in Beijing 2008. India has waited for around 28 years to win a medal in the Olympic games track and field individually. Finally, the wait has come to an end and India Has won the medal(gold)in Track and field in the Olympics in track and field And all this happened due to Subedar Neeraj Chopra. the whole country was enjoying that moment and there were tears of joy everywhere.
|Neeraj Chopra Clinched The First And Only Gold Medal For India In Tokyo Olympics 2021
The 23-year-old Subedar Neeraj Chopra won the Gold medal when his biggest-Competitor Johannes Vetter said something about him even before the start of the Olympic games. He said, “I am looking to throw over 90m in Tokyo, so it will be tough for Neeraj to beat me.” Both Actually share a good bond as both were trained under the same facility in Germany. And Johannes Vetter did not even qualify for the top 8, although he had thrown over 90m + several times this summer it looks like pressure took his game away.
Neeraj Chopra did not even match his personal best of 88.06m but it was enough to write history.
Early Life And History
Subedar Neeraj Chopra vsm was born on 24 December 1997 in Chandra village, Panipat district Haryana. He was full of mischief during his teen days. His father motivated him during His teen to go on the ground and try to be a good athlete. He was educated at DAV Chandigarh and is currently pursuing a bachelor of arts from LPU Jalandhar. In 2016, He was appointed as a JCO in the Indian Army with the rank of Naib Subedar.
In the 2016 IAAF World U20 Championships, Subedar Neeraj Chopra set the world in under-20 by throwing a javelin of 86.48 m. He became the first Indian athlete or first Indian to win a World title in Track and Field at U-20. Neeraj won another gold medal in the Asian Athletic championships 2017.
He had also won the gold medal in Commonwealth Games by throwing 86.47 metres. In May 2018, he again broke the national record in Doha by throwing 87.43m. He was also the flag bearer in the opening ceremony for Indian Crew at the 2018 Asian Games, which was his first appearance in Asian Games. In the 2018 Asian Games, He Clinched gold medal by throwing his best (88.06m)
The 22-year Neeraj Chopra has already been awarded the Arjuna Award in 2018 after winning gold in the Gold Coast Commonwealth.
He now won the gold medal at the Tokyo Olympics 2021 with a throw of 87.58m. He is one of the only two Indians to win an individual gold medal at the Olympics and the first to win gold in a track and field event in the Olympics.
Just After Winning the gold, Most Of The Government and Private companies announced him cash rewards and facilities
- Haryana Govt Announced 6cr for him and a govt job of level 1 and an Academy for him to train athletes. Manipur Cabinet decides to honour javelin throw Gold medalist Neeraj Chopra by extending a reward of one crore rupee tweeted by CM.
- Punjab Chief Minister Captain Amarinder Singh announced a special cash reward of two crore rupees for this performance.
- BCCI also announced a reward of one crore rupees for Neeraj Chopra. IPL Franchise CSK announced a reward of one crore rupee for him.
- “As a mark of appreciation and Honour for his stellar achievement, CSK is awarding Rs. 1 Crore to Neeraj Chopra,” said CSK in a statement.
- IndiGo also announced that it will offer unlimited free travel for one year to Chopra after he won the gold in Tokyo Olympics.
- Ronojoy Dutta, Chief Executive Officer, IndiGo said, “Neeraj we were all overjoyed to hear about your remarkable achievement. You have made the country proud, and I know all IndiGo employees would be truly honoured to welcome you onboard one of our flights.”
HIS FEELING OF BEING PROUD AS AN INDIAN, THAT WAS AWARDED BY SUBEDAR NEERAJ CHOPRA TO ALL THE INDIANS AND THESE AWARDS AND FACILITIES ARE NOTHING IN FRONT OF THAT
We must be Proud Of Subedar Neeraj Chopra